My new book Writing Fiction For Dummies is now available just about everywhere. I began talking to my publisher months ago about doing a “book rush” for the book. A “book rush” is a selected period of time when we offer some special goodies to buyers.
My publisher chose December 7 to 9, 2009 for our “book rush.”
If you buy Writing Fiction For Dummies by Wednesday night, Dec. 9, at midnight PST, we’ve got a great selection of goodies for you. (Even if you already bought the book, you can still get in on this special deal.)
Here are some of the things you get during the “book rush”:
- A 50% discount on all electronic downloadable products in my online store. (Including my new Snowflake Pro software and my popular lecture series Fiction 101 and Fiction 201.
- A brand-new lecture on Strategic Self-Editing that I’ve just created. It’s an 80-minute talk designed to teach you strategic principles of editing your novel, so that you can edit your work better and faster. Lots of books and teachers will give you the principles of TACTICAL editing. Tactical editing is great, but I wanted to try teaching something that I hadn’t seen taught before, so I chose STRATEGIC editing.
- A 20-minute audio talk on Time Management for Writers by my coauthor, Peter Economy, a best-selling author and publishing consultant who’s written about a dozen “Dummies” books.
- A 25-page excerpt from James Scott Bell’s new book, The Art of War for Writers.
- A 16-page excerpt from Brandilyn Collins’ excellent book, Getting Into Character.
- A 55-minute audio talk on Characters, Emotions, and the Senses, by award-winning novelist Gail Gaymer Martin, whose books have sold over 3 million copies.
- A tip sheet for romance writers by Leslie Wainger, author of Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies.
- A tip sheet and 20-minute audio talk on selling eBooks by Paul and Sarah Edwards, authors of Marketing for Introverts.
- A 7-minute introductory video on proofreading techniques and a pack of sample proofreading files by Sue Gilad, author of Copyediting and Proofreading for Dummies.
Click here for all the details on the “book rush” for Writing Fiction For Dummies.
I’d be a dummy not to get this.
I bought this book as soon as it was available and it is terrific. Coupled with the Snowflake Pro software, you will have a powerful new tool set in your book writing arsenal.
Val Clark says
OK, I’m sold. 😉 Saw the interview on Margie’s website and knew this was a must for both my own writing and the classes I teach. Then life just ran away with me…. Sadly ‘just about everywhere’ is not Dubbo Australia. 🙂 Hope all the goodies are also available to overseas buyers. When it arrives I’ll make sure my students see it though. Well done.
Val Clark says
But I just got a great price from BetterWorld books who ship anywhere in the world for $3.95. Shipping overseas is usually the killer!
Daniel Smith says
Got my copy Randy. Got the freebies too and they look good.
Molly Adair says
Still didn’t get my freebies during the book rush.
P dot says
Thanks Randy. I purchased the book and downloaded the freebies. I received the book yesterday and have read and dogeared the exercise pages. Now the work begins. Thanks again.