Are You Dreaming of Writing A Novel … Someday?
Which of these describes YOU?
- You always wanted to write a novel but didn’t know how to get started
- You started writing your novel and want to learn how to write better
- You finished writing your novel and need to polish it
- You revised your novel and want to get it published
- You published your novel and want to market it
Here’s How I Can Help
If you checked any of the statements above, then you are precisely the person I created this web site for. Here at AdvancedFictionWriting.com, I teach you:
- How to organize your thoughts before you start writing
- How to write powerful fiction that moves readers
- How to analyze and edit your work until it gleams
- How to find an agent and write a proposal for your novel
- How to market yourself effectively
Where Do You Start?
Feel free to browse around my site and see what’s here. Almost everything is free.
Here are a few places you might start:
- The Snowflake Method: A wildly popular method of designing your novel before you write it.
- Writing the Perfect Scene: The two things you must know to write a scene.
- Getting Published: The brutal facts on getting published and what to do about them
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Author! Do you know where you are on the road to publication?
- Advanced Fiction Writing Blog: Read what I’m thinking about today.
- Advanced Fiction Writing E-zine: My free monthly electronic magazine, read by more than 14,000 writers, editors, and agents.
What’s The Catch?
Why is there so much free stuff here? Is there a catch? Am I selling something?
No, there’s no catch. I’m a teacher. Teachers teach. We just can’t help ourselves. My mission is to create great fiction writers. I’ve been teaching for a long time, but I don’t love traveling. A web site lets me teach from home.
Yes, I have a few products for sale, but I prefer to sell them only to my enthusiastic fans. I have enough of those that I don’t have to do a hard sell to you. You’re welcome to browse this site and never buy a blessed thing.
How Can I Improve This Website?
I’m constantly trying to figure out how to make this website better. I’ve created a short survey that you can use to tell me about yourself and how I can help you learn the craft of fiction writing.
The survey costs you nothing and will take about 3 minutes of your time. It uses the secure technology of SurveyMonkey.com. I’d be grateful if you’d take the survey right now:
Create your own user feedback survey
Have fun with your writing!
Randy Ingermanson, Ph.D.